POSITION: Advocate Supervisor
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
JOB CATEGORY: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Advocate Supervisor is responsible for coordinating the screening, training, supervision, and facilitation of volunteer advocates appointed to represent the best interests of abused and neglected children who are wards of the court. Key responsibilities of the position are as follows:
A. Volunteer Recruitment, Screening and Training
- Maintain in-depth familiarity of the National CASA Pre-Service Curriculum and any changes.
- Participate in facilitator training to ensure a strong training program.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment as needed.
- Participate in screening prospective volunteers, ensuring adherence to National and State screening requirements.
- Assist in the coordination and scheduling of required in-service training provision for volunteers. Coordinate and attend volunteer training classes, assisting as presenter or moderator.
- Provide all information needed to assist in the maintenance of volunteer records.
B. Case Management and Volunteer Supervision
- Provide regular supervision, support, and direction to advocates. Ensure they are working their assigned cases as they fulfill their duties as a CASA volunteer, meeting the requirements set forth in National CASA Standards.
- Maintain, at a minimum, monthly supervision to advocates and Maintain documentation in case records. This may be increased at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- Coordinate, document, and channel all CASA requests until resolution, including matching CASA case with appropriate volunteer (in consultation with the Executive Director).
- Assist with facilitation of case-related information while ensuring adherence to the National CASA Core Model.
- Attend all court hearings with assigned volunteers (or arrange for a qualified substitute) and stand in for volunteers when unable to attend.
- Review court reports prior to submission.
- Ensure Optima database is updated on a weekly basis to reflect case supervision, contacts, and required outcomes data entry requirements.
C. Program Activities
- Complete all required internal trainings and participate in ongoing training opportunities.
- Assist in orientation of new employees and student interns.
- Keep volunteers informed of ongoing learning opportunities.
- Assist in volunteer recognition events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in social service-related field or one-year experience in volunteer coordination and/or social services or related field.
- Ability to communicate, (verbally and in writing) supervise and empower volunteers.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of multi-cultural populations, issues and dynamics within families related to child abuse and neglect.
- Possess and display strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor including a positive attitude working in a team environment.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time in an office environment and must be able to lift/move weight up to 25lbs. Employee is also required to greet visitors and accept incoming calls and must be able to hear and speak. Must have visual acuity to read and draft reports, memos, letters, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision adequate for the incumbent perform the responsibilities and functions of the job efficiently. Must have the manual dexterity to manually operate and use a computer. The noise level is quiet to moderate; non-smoking environment.
The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described herein are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Company Website : https://www.southcentralcasa.org/index.html