Youth Development Professional
Youth Development Professional
The Center for Children and Families, Inc. (CCFI), based in Norman, Oklahoma, seeks enthusiastic youth development professionals to fill multiple part time positions providing services to members of the Boys & Girls Club of Norman. This position involves researching, coordinating, planning, preparing and facilitating activities for Club members during BGCN’s after school program. This position will be supervised by the Program Coordinator, Program Director, and Executive Director.
Applicants must be available to work 20-25 hours per week, approximately 4 days/week (some class schedule accommodations can be made). Shifts will be scheduled Monday through Friday between the hours of 2:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. This is a temporary position from August 2023 – May 2024 with opportunity to apply for our summer program or after school program the following year. Staff must be able to work during some Norman Public School holidays and breaks.
Boys & Girls Club of Norman is a program of CCFI, which offers a wide range of strength based services to vulnerable children and families and is one of Cleveland County’s oldest and most successful independent, private non-profit agencies with diverse government and private support, highly qualified staff and a committed Board of Directors.
CCFI offers a team-oriented, family-friendly and flexible work environment, and an hourly rate that will be commensurate with experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum requirements include a high school diploma or GED and at least one year of related experience.
- Additional education, youth development and leadership experience strongly preferred.
- Education and experience working with children living in generational poverty, children with challenging home or community environments, and/or children who have experienced trauma strongly preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Ability to initiate and maintain positive relationships with children, youth and guardians.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others orally and in writing.
- Ability to work as a team with staff and volunteers.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to organizational change.
- Must pass criminal history and other background checks
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (proof of vaccination is required)
TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB
CCFI is an equal opportunity employer. Please send current resume, class schedule (if applicable) and three professional references to Whitney Dunn, email@example.com or Center for Children and Families, Inc. (CCFI) ATTN: Whitney Dunn, 210 S. Cockrel, OK 73071. www.ccfinorman.org
OUR PROMISE TO PROTECT CHILDREN
CCFI provides a safe environment for children and youth to heal and grow. Our agency works to protect those we serve from abuse and maltreatment by carefully screening staff and volunteers, providing training on topics such as physical, emotional and sexual abuse awareness and prevention, and by continually monitoring adult-child relationships.
Company Website : https://www.ccfinorman.org/career-opportunities